Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Heavenly Bowling Lane

It's such a great feeling to know that God gave parents the ability to calm, comfort and nuture their kids during scary times. Noa walks into my bedroom at o'dark thirty rubbing her eyes from the tears of fear. She's afraid of a early morning thunderstorm. She has a habit of running into our room everytime one comes. It felt so special to tell her that "God will protect us to not be afraid". I also love every opportunity to let her imagination run wild by making up things to help ease her mind. I reached over, put my arms around her and said, "Imagine Jesus up in heaven having an awesome bowling match...those rolls of thunder is his heavenly bowling lanes!" A smile creeps across her face as she crawls into our bed and drifts back off to sleep. I treasure these moments for they don't come around too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment