Thursday, February 10, 2011

Affair of the Heart.

The "Affair of the Heart" is coming to town this weekend at the OKC fairgrounds. I remember the first year I attended, it was two years ago during the fall/winter season. I went with some friends from the church and had a wonderful time. I felt like a kid in a candy store beaming with joy as I visited each vendor. What I like about the "Affairs of the Heart" is that each vendor has homemade unique items. You can get homemade hair accessories, purses, jewelry, paintings, jellys, outfits and so much more. I left with several bags of stuff. I had a guy make an impression of my two kids holding hands with this cast material. He had it mounted on a base and it was given to my husband for his birthday. I also bought paintings for both kids rooms and managed to talk a vendor into buying one of her hot pink chandeliers that was hanging up for light in her space. I don't believe it was even for sale! lol. As stated, I had a blast and can't wait to attend this years venue. My husband has warned me that we are moving so I may leave empty handed this time. But, it's always fun to look, get ideas and eat the delicious food there too.

2 comments:

  1. I love to go to things like this, but I don't buy much. I just "borrow" ideas and go home and make them myself. Sometimes, after the time and money I spent making it myself, I would have been better off buying it while I was there...but where's the fun in that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I buy and steal ideas! I wish I was handy with tools and stuff. I would try alot of the things that I see, but I'm not that skilled.

    ReplyDelete