Thursday, June 9, 2011

Florida Trip

We're here in Fort Walton Beach Florida enjoying a little mini vacation. Reggie is overseas again for the second time in two months. We used this opportunity to visit our family and friends. We got here on Sunday evening and I got to break in my new wheels on the open hwy with it taking me only five hours to get to Florida when it should take six hours. I'm so happy to be visiting my niece and nephew whom I haven't seen since Christmas. We surprised them at their summer program when I walked in with the kids. They ran to us with huge smiles on their faces and about knocked Noa down giving her big hugs. I checked them out and we spent the next few days just enjoying them. We attended a parade, chowed down on Thai food (our favorite),  went to the library, pet store, and plan to go fishing with papa on Saturday. Hopefully Jadon will be well enough to experience his 1st fishing trip with papa because this morning I woke up and Jadon had a high fever of 103. We went to the er and now he's on antibiotics for an infection.  So, we'll spend the day nursing him back to health hanging around the my sister's house. Being here has made my time apart from Reggie easier because time flies when you're having fun in the sun. I still miss not being able to talk to him that often because we're on a different time zone so when I'm sleep he's working and it's difficult to caught each other awake. I've talked to him a couple of times, he's so hilarious. He told me that every car in the airport for rent was a stick shift. He hadn't driven one for years and forgot how to operate one. So, how almost crashed into the wall of the parking garage. He was so nervous, parked the car and began to go from rental booth to booth looking for a manual shift car. The only car they was available was a Jaguar 2011 model. It was so expensive to rent but he had no other option but to rent it. He said, there's no way I can drive on the German auto-bond (hwy) where's there's no speed limit with a stick shift that he couldn't operate. He said he would live to see the next day. So, it's a small sacrifice to pay to get something that you can handle in a country that he's unfamiliar with even if he getting looks from everyone like what's he doing in that car! lol. He should be back home on Saturday, so we're praying for his safe return.

No comments:

Post a Comment