Friday, June 3, 2011

Ball?

Jadon's at the age where he's learning lots new words. It's so sweet to see him put his words to the test when he see the item. He gets so excited that he can somewhat communicate with one word sentences. Lately, I've been a bit concerned with him not talking or forming small two and three letter sentences.  It's right where he should be for his age but I understand that he's still catching up due to his prematurity.  One new word that he's learned is ball. So, when he sees anything that's circular he says ball. It can be an orange, round light bulb or decorative item. He will still call it a ball. He also knows that you throw balls so the next thing he'll do is throw the item to see if it bounces! lol. Well, last night I stopped by Captain D's to get some fish and hush puppies. He loves hush puppies and ofcourse thinks they are balls, edible balls. So, I handed him a hush puppy and he says "Ball!" I said "No, hush puppy". He responded "Ballll!!! in angry voice. I said, "It's round, but not a ball. It's a hush puppy". He looked at me, then bit into the hush puppy. This cute small voice from in the back seat says...."Ohhhhh Hot Ball!" I couldn't stop laughing because I never heard him say the words Ohhhhh or Hot before. Then I realized that he put all three together and formed his first sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment