Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Family Update

Good morning friends! I'm back in Florida for the second time in a month. It's a blessing to have my family close by. It helps with the loneliness of Reggie being gone so much to Germany. But even though he's gone in person, we are closer than ever before. We appreciate the time we have together on the phone and it's helps build a deeper appreciation for the man I've grown to love so dearly. Every week, he reveals so much more of how passionate he is about life, travel, God, and the one's he loves most...this family. The hardest part of him being gone is not having that person physically around to give me the drive to be a better person. When I do my early 6:00-7:00 prayer, he's right beside me in our prayer room. But with him being gone I can feel the struggle of having to do it alone. There's a seven hour time difference so it's even hard to fast together too. But, God has me in the place of making choices for myself and seeing how determined I'm going to be to run on for him even if I don't have a support system around. I can see God's hand in the whole process and know that God is with me always. I can do this and I will do this with the Lord's help.
This week I've been busy preparing for July international convention. I can't believe God has spared Rev. Hicks life of 92 years to be around for another convention. I'm excited to hear the word of God and even more excited to have Reggie back home the day before convention. He will be able to attend convention together. He will also be around for his son's second birthday on July 6th. I'm planning a special birthday party for Jadon too. It will be after convention back in Florida. Also, Noa will start her 1st session of summer classes at the Academy of Fine Arts and Performing Arts. She has an interest in dance, singing, ballet, and playing the violin. So, I'm not sure if soccer will be in her future which she's played for over four years. For me, I'm going on a major two month diet for my 11th year anniversary in September. I'm also going to work in my bible institute books, finish some projects that I've been working on over the past year and just be the best mom I can be for the kids while Reggie is learning his new job overseas.
God bless you all and keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment