Sunday, June 5, 2011

06/04/11

Yellow azalea picture.Picture of red geranium flower.Purple Petunias PictureYesterday was another blistering hot day! I woke up early and had a taste for some good ol' southern grits, bacons, eggs and cheese toast. So, I prepared breakfast and the aroma of the food woke the rest of the house up. The hubby and kids were so happy that breakfast was already on the table hot and ready to eat. I got a couple extra kisses on the cheek from Reggie and that's my que that he really appreciated the kind gesture of cooking breakfast for everyone. We normally spend Saturday mornings doing yard work or may I say Reggie spends Saturdays doing yard work unless I have new plants to plant in the garden or weeds to pull. Gardening has become one of my best hobbies which I picked up several years ago from a dear friend in Montgomery, Al. I love the beauty of budding flowers of all sorts of colors. It just brings so much life to a yard. I love such flowers as bright orange rose bushes, colorful pansies, hibiscus, tulips, and white lillies.  Unfortunately, it can't get quite costly to plants flowers yearly but it's worth every cent to me. I found out that Lowes and Home Depot does refunds on plants for up to a year, so if one dies I pull it up out of the ground, bag it up and take it back. lol. It has saved so much money and you know I'm all about the savings. I can understand why  some people like the low maintance shubs, it keeps them from making all those trips to the plant store. lol.  But it's different strokes for different folks. lol. I love color inside a home on the walls so it's just natural to love color outside too. The more texture and color I have the more I enjoy it.  So, Saturday mornings are usually our time where we'll get out with the kids and work in the yard. After that, I usually got into town. It was my time to be alone and just get a break from the kids. Reggie had to wait at home for our new washer and dryer to be delivered. While in town, I saw a sign for the summer tour of home. I got excited because I love taking the tour each year looking at new homes, getting design ideas, decorating ideas and just doing a litttle day dreaming in the million dollar homes! hahaha. So, when I returned to the house we all got ready to spend the afternoon looking at awesome homes. We didn't make it to all the houses but I loved the homes we saw. The tour of homes ended at 6:00pm. We had worked up a pretty good appetite so we drove out to  The village of Providence,1.jpg it's a beautiful little village in the heart of Huntsville that includes a variety of unique resturants, shops, homes and a relaxed atmosphere for the family to wind down for the evening. We dined at one of our favorite spots "Mellow Mushroom".   It was a very nice relaxing evening that we all had together. We also went by the Lifeway Christian Bookstore and spent some time in there reading and listening to music. Reggie will be leaving this week for Germany again so I'm glad we got to get some good family time in before he leaves. Have a happy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment