Thursday, July 21, 2011

Passport Issues!

I've been looking forward to making a trip overseas ever since Reggie came home after his 1st trip over there. He bragged on the beauty of all the small cities, castles, markets, scenery, and being able to drive over 100 miles an hour on the German Autobahn. I was so jealous that I decided to get myself a passport and make a trip over there for our anniversary in September. Unfortunately getting a passport isn't that easy! Reggie downloaded the application online and filled it out for me. I went online to get all the necessary steps for getting a passport for I didn't want to make several trips back and forth to the courthouse. Parking downtown can be very difficult because there's only a few free parking spaces and all these one way streets that are so confusing. I don't go downtown unless I absolutely have to here in Huntsville. So, I did everything that the internet told me to do. I got a money order from my bank. I took a passport picture at Walgreens. I made sure I had all my identifications and my birth certificate. I even ordered checks because they only take a check for one part of the passport process. I thought I had everything together until I got to the Clerk of Court. First, they wouldn't take my downloaded passport application so I had to fill out another one in the office. Second, they wouldn't take my birth certificate because it didn't have my parents name on it. I was so fustrated. I spent several hours on the phone trying to get in touch with Kansas Vital Statistics. To expedite a long birth certificate it will cost three times the amount than a mail sent birth certificate. I'm on a time crunch and I hope everything gets done before my anniversary. I'm so hoping that all this is worth it and that I'll have a blast on my vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment