Monday, July 11, 2011

LIFE VERSE

I'm a big fan of the Duggar's 19 kids and counting. I've subscribed to their blog and get daily updates from them.  I think what really drew my attention to this family is the mother, Michelle. She is a great example of a strong christian wife and mother. She doesn't waiver in her faith and seems real grounded in her faith. One thing that I like is that I've never on any of her episodes heard her raise her voice to any of her kids. She treats them with respect and dignity all the time. She says in her blog that she has a life verse that she tries to life by. A life verse is sort of like a favorite verse, but a little deeper than that. It's a verse that really speaks to your heart and helps you stay grounded through the good times and bad. Her life verse is,  But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Cornithans 12:9 NIV. 
It helped her through all the tough times in her life and even when she was the mother of five kids under the age of five.
So I was inspired by her blog and decided that I needed to search deep in my soul and find a verse or verses that speak to my heart for when times get tough.  Then, I'll have something to stand on. I'll have a scripture of promise, hope, and encouragement so it will have a positive impact on me and those who are around me. It's easy to blow up when people make us unhappy. But, the term christian refers to being a follower of christ. As we follow his ways and not our own, his ways will change our fleshy nature and we will begin to take on the nature of Christ. Our hope is found in the word of God, it is the direction for this path of life. Without it, there is no direction or hope. As a mother, my desire is to enstill Christs love into my children. They deserve nothing less.
Our favorite family scripture has always been Jeremiah 29:1.  "For I know the plans I have for you said the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". We have it posted above our front door as you enter our home. It always reminds us that the lord has our life layed out we need to follow his plans and trust in him.
But lately I've found a need to have my own personal scripture. Everyone goes through their own personal struggles but their is hope. So my personal life scripture is Psalms 16:11. "Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are plesures for evermore."  It encourages me that Jesus will guide my steps of life and with him is fullness of joy.  We seek joy and fulfillment in people and when our expectations aren't met we get angry, sad, and depressed. Sometimes we feel disappointed by our families, kids, friends or even people we don't know on the news. But, in God's presence is fulness of joy. I can be joyful and walk in complete happiness when the kids are acting up, hubby is gone overseas or even when I'm going through my own issues. This scripture encourages me so much that I'm so excited to share this with all my friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment