Thursday, July 21, 2011

Moving on after moving in

I got an unexpected knock on my front door two days ago. It was a knock from a lady whom I've met only once before several months ago when I moved to Huntsville. She didn't live in the neighborhood but came out of her way to make the visit. The visit was such a pleasant surprise for my door hasn't been knocked on since I've moved here. I met Kris at Noa's school during field day. Her daughter was Noa's first friend and one who made her feel comfortable about her new school. She was the teacher's assigned mentor for Noa. We had switched information that day but sometimes you go through the motions of exchanging information and nothing comes of it. This time was different, Kris proved to me that it's truly the state of"Sweet Home Alabama". There are very sweet people here. I was invited to a lady's gathering at her church on moving on after moving in. It was a group geared towards families who are new to the area who need emotional support and encouragement. There were several new ladies in the group who I connected with and plan to get to know better.I also met a lady who I'm friends with her friend in OKC. She called me about the same event the day prior. It must have been destined for me to be at this party.  We connected immediately and were thrilled to have met one another. I'll be going to this support group on Thursday during the fall for they are covering a book called "After the boxes are unpacked". It helps ease the stress of a big move. I enjoyed the wonderful fellowship, food and fun with the ladies. I've already been invited to several future parties by different ladies in the group. They've made me feel so comfortable and loved. It really brightened my day for sometimes life can get me down when my husband is gone and I get overwhelmed sometimes with not having anyone around. I believe God has opened up a huge door of friends for me to connect with and for that I'm so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment