Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Daily Scripture Reading

Proverbs 10:6-11:(KJV): "Blessings are upon the head of the just: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked.
7 The memory of the just is blessed: but the name of the wicked shall rot.
8 The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall.
9 He that walketh uprightly walketh surely: but he that perverteth his ways shall be known.
10 He that winketh with the eye causeth sorrow: but a prating fool shall fall.
11 The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked."

My personal prayer:
Dear Lord,
I love you today and I'm grateful for your goodness and mercies that you've bestowed upon my life. I pray that you help me guard my tongue from saying things that are ungodly and that hurt others. I ask for your forgiveness for the evilness that comes from my mouth and the evil thoughts that pop up in my mind. I want to speak life into others heart and not death. I want to lift people up and not tear people down with hatred and bad words. Help me to have wisdom in each situation that you bring my way. I pray that we, your people, can love one another as you have loved us. I pray that we show kindness, love and mercy to all those around us and lay aside malice, envy, hate and pride that pledges our hearts at times. I pray for the peace in the midst of war. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment