Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Big Move

Hello Everyone! It's been at least two weeks since my last post but I have a very good excuse. We've been relocating to Huntsville, Al. That twelve hour drive was no joke and having a daughter right behind me asking every hour "Are we there yet?" made it even harder. But, we made it there safe and sound. I was so nervous about our new location for we got the house "sight on seen".  I was pleasantly surprised with the beauty of Hampton Cove, however the home was a little of a let down. Even though it's a big home and meets our needs, it's an older home. The yard was no well-maintained, the hardwood floors needed some work, the family room had lightening issues, some areas of the home needed updating and those dreaded stairs were not friendly as we moved stuff up and down them a million times. But, I didn't let those issues get me down because once I put me personal mommy touch on the house, I knew things would get better. As I began decorating, things starting coming together. I had only four days before we returned back to OKC for our last month, but I made the best of those few days. I painted, cleaned, decorated, unpacked/unboxed, and moved furniture around lots of times to create the feeling that I was looking for. I still have a lot of things to do, but overall I'm happy with the home. The area is spectacular and everytime I got overwhelmed, just sitting on the swing in the screened in porch looking at the beautiful mature trees and mountain top views gave me peace. God surely creates the best artwork masterpiece which is all around us. Hampton Cove is a small community nestled at the foothills of the Monte Sano mountains, Green mountains to the west and Keel mountains to the east so in essence we are completed surrounded by beautiful mountains. When we go in town we have to go up through the mountains everytime, it has some of the most beautiful views I've ever seen. But, you can't be scared of heights because the drive is high, winding roads. If you need something quick like milk or a burger, Hampton Cove does have a small town. There's a super WalMart, Lowes, Sonic, KFC, China House, McDonalds, Santa Fe Steak House, Auto parts store, Sherman Williams, Dollar General, Nail shop, gas station, coffee shop, bank, 24 hours hospital express clinic, and some other stores. The main attraction of Hampton Cove is the fabulous Robert Trent Jones golf course, which is across the stree from the  neighborhood. The other thing that attracts family's is the amazing amenities the Hampton Cove offers. With your neighborhood membership you have access to year round golfing and all the golf courses in the neighborhood, lakes for fishing, hiking trails, tennis courts, volleyball courts, olympic size community swimming pool and spa, gym, and clubhouse. It felt like we were on vacation when we arrived! God has truly blessed our family and we can't wait to have our first visitors to visit and share in the experience of Hampton Cove, Al. Keep our family in your prayers as we're back in OKC for three weeks in a hotel after the sale of our home yesterday, left us homeless. Thank God for the house saleing, but it's tough living in a small hotel with two kids and two dogs running all around. One thing I have learned though this whole experience is that God is a balanced God and with pleasure there is pain to follow, and with pain there is pleasure right around the corner. We can't have all pleasures in life for we won't know how to deal with the hard times and the pain that makes us a stronger person in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment