Friday, May 27, 2011

Our Oklahoma City Trip

Awwww, we're finally back home from our OKC trip. After three days of flight cancellations and two plane delays, and a trip to the airport tornado shelter; I'm happy to say that flying isn't all it's beefed up to be. (lol) Not only did I have to deal with an almost two year old in someone else's home for a week but I gained five lbs too! (lol) But, It was all worth the trip. I got to see all my old friends and attend an awesome high school graduation and party for Monica. I also got to spend some time with my brother who introduced me to his favorite Carribean resturant in town called Carican Flavors. I feasted on curried chicken, mac-n-cheese, cabbage, and corn bread. I had homemade peach cobbler with ice cream for dessert. We had a wonderful time and I visited that resturant more than once during my visit.
I was also excited to attend church while in OKC. The services are always a blessing to my heart. I was welcomed by my church family and felt so special. I had the priviledge of staying with my buddies, the Townshends, they have a beautiful new home and made me and my son feel very comfortable and welcomed. I will miss everyone dearly. During the second half of my trip, I stayed with my friends, the Anderson's. I really enjoyed myself and felt like I was at home. I thank God for the wonderful friends that I have and all the wonderful memories I've made while being in OKC.

No comments:

Post a Comment