Monday, May 30, 2011

may 30th

Boy it's a blistering hot day out there! The temperatures are soaring over 100 degrees in Alabama. This will be our 1st memorial day celebration in Huntsville, Al. It's definitely different this year because we have no close friends to celebrate this holiday with. As I drive through the neighborhood, the streets are packed with guest who are here attending parties all around us. The Hampton House pool, the largest in the state, is packed with hundreds people swimming, tanning, music and people having a blast with their friends. It's probably the biggest neighborhood party I've seen. lol. But, I didn't feel comfortable hanging at a pool half naked with a bunch of naked people just to make friends. So, we left the clubhouse and came home. I believe at that moment as when I realized that it's just me, my husband, and my kids. Now, I love my family but sometimes you just want that extra company to hangout with. Moving often makes it hard to get close to people and to form lasting friendships. But, I'm thankful to have a family to be with because today is the day that we remember all those soliders who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom..their lives. Some mother is without a child today, some wife is without her husband today and some child is fatherless today. It grateful for God's protection over my husband as he travels overseas each month and happy to have him in my life. Happy Memorial Day to all, now I've got to go find something for us to do as a family on this special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment