Tuesday, April 26, 2011

We're settling in just fine.

Well, it's been over a week since relocating to Huntsville, Al. It's been crazy around here adjusting to our new home, town, school and church. Noa's been in school for a week and has adjusted very well. She has only ten kids in her class which has made the adjustment process better for her. She has met a lot of new friends in her school and neighborhood. Further, I'm pleasantly suprised to how much of a bible belt this town is. One of the 1st questions asked to me by strangers is, do you have a church home? It's great to feel welcomed to the town and have so many people willing to help out in any way they can.
Life in Alabama is a bit different from Oklahoma. One big difference is switching from four church services a week to only one weekly. That's been tough. We're still in the process of finding a local church to attend. This week we drove to Rome,Ga for church. It was two hours away. It felt good to be amongst CGC friends again. I felt the presence of God dwell in that church in a mighty way and really enjoyed myself. Another big change is that I stayed inside during the day in Oklahoma because of my allergies. I haven't taken allergies meds since I've been here. It's great to be able to breathe again. We've been hiking, biking, running, and walking outside a lot just enjoying the great outdoors. The mountain views throughout the town are so pretty and relaxing. It's been real fun learning the area. I went for a walk this morning and the thing I love about older established neighborhoods is that God's creation has been preserved. All the trees are mature and not cut down. I saw squirrels playing, birds singing, butterflies, and beautiful colorful flowers. I'm realizing how much I really love being outdoors and willing to explore all the beauty that Huntsville has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment