Friday, April 8, 2011

God sees all and all!

Oklahoma should be nicknamed "The Windy City". The winds have been so strong that it's a challenge to wear skirts or to even wear my hair down. I've been arriving to where I'm going having flashed someone by accident or looking like I've teased my hair! lol. But, Sunday thing got pretty bad for me. I had stopped by Ross to look around and parked next to this beautiful black suv. I was admiring in my head how beautiful the vehicle was as I pulled up next to it. The winds were just howling. Right before I got out of my vehicle I thought that I needed to hold my door to avoid the wind pulling my door off its hendges. When I opened my door and grabbed it, it slipped from my hands as the wind carried it open in one second. All of a sudden I heard this big bang. I was fearful to look to see what damage my car had done to this pretty vehicle next to me. As I looked, I immediately put my hands over my mouth. My vehicle did a lot of damage to the vehicle next to me.
The next thought that came to mind was....this is going to be my 1st hit and run! I couldn't believe that I was thinking to do something like that. I noticed that my vehicle was fine and that nobody would even suspect me as the person who hit them. I got back in my vehicle as emotions and thoughts just swirled in my mind. I was thinking about having to pay more for insurance, if the person who be nice about it, and all these other thoughts. I tured my key in my ignition to flee when this small still voice came to me. It said, "I am with you always.." I felt this peace that passeth all understanding as I turned my car off and got out. I thought to myself, "I'm not here on earth to please man or fool people but to live my life as unto the Lord". I'm here to live an honest life for God sees all and all. At that moment, I know what needed to do. I went into Ross and asked the associates to page the owner of the black vehicle in the parking lot because I have hit their car. As it turns out, not only was the lady so sweet about the situation but she asked me where I attended church. Who knows, she may show up one day to church. God puts situations in our life and gives us choices, choose him or the devil. I'm so thankful for his grace, his small voice of reasoning, and knowing that he's with me always. I just wanted to share my testimony for God is truly working on my flesh! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment